By default, DaisyBill assigns bill tasks to the staff member who created the bill, i.e., the Bill Creator. But if that’s not efficient for you, Organization Admins can use Bill Task Preferences to change the default assignment preferences.
This lets you delegate task types to a specific staff member.
Step 1. On the navigation bar, click ‘Billing Providers’, then click the ‘Gear’ icon
This will navigate directly to the specified Billing Provider.
Alternatively, select Manage All Billing Providers to view all the Billing Providers associated with your account.
The Manage All Billing Providers feature is limited to users with the Role of Organization Admin.
Step 2. Click the ‘Billing Provider’ name
For DaisyBill accounts with multiple Billing Providers, DaisyBill maintains separate Bill Task Preferences for each Billing Provider.
Step 3. Click the ‘Custom Settings’ tab
Step 4. Click the ‘Bill Task Preferences’ card
Step 5. To edit a ‘Task Assignment,’ click ‘Edit’
Tasks are organized based on their associated Bill Status. For more information about Bill Status, see this Help Topic.
Step 6. Choose an ‘Assignment’ preference for each ‘Task’
The default assignment for all tasks is Bill Creator.
- Bill Creator - assigns all future Tasks of that type to the user who created the Bill
- User - assigns all future Tasks of that type to a specific user
For each assignment, you can select the Add Exception feature to filter based on other elements of the Bill. When an exception is added, the Task will be assigned to the Bill Creator or User user EXCEPT for bills with the parameters you selected.
- By Claims Administrator - assigns all future Tasks of that type to the Bill Creator or User based on the Bill’s Claims Administrator
- By Rendering Provider - assigns all future Tasks of that type to the Bill Creator or User based on the Bill’s Rendering Provider
- By Place of Service - assigns all future Tasks of that type to the Bill Creator or User based on the Bill’s Place of Service
Note: Credit for task completion is given to the user who completed the task, regardless of the assigned user.
Step 7. To delete an exception, click ‘Remove’