Search results for:
Need to add another bill for an injury? Use Add Bill.
Step 1. From the Injury Page, click ‘Bills’
The number in parentheses indicates the number of bills entered for the patient’s injury.
Step 2. Review prior bills, then click ‘Add Bill’
Prior to clicking Add Bill, review the patient’s List of Bills. The List of Bills provides a summary of all of the patient’s bills and includes alerts to problems with payment.
Step 3. Enter ‘Required Information’
Step 4. Enter ‘Optional Information’ if applicable
If billed services are authorized, we recommend including the Prior Authorization Number.
Step 5. Optional: Select ‘Billing Template,’ then click ‘Apply’
Create Billing Templates in Settings. For help creating Billing Templates click here.
Step 6. Enter Diagnosis Codes
- Diagnosis Codes entered on the patient’s Injury Page automatically appear on the Bill. For help on adding Diagnosis Codes to the Injury Page, click here.
- If you are billing Procedure Codes which require specific Diagnosis Codes, turn off automatic population of Diagnosis Codes. Do so by unchecking the box Copy Diagnosis Codes to Line Items. This allows you to manually enter Diagnoses Codes for individual Procedure Codes.
- If entering Diagnosis Codes manually, first choose the applicable ICD code set (ICD-9 or ICD-10).
All dates of service on or after 10/1/2015 require ICD-10 Diagnoses Codes.
Step 7. Enter ‘Procedure Code’, ‘Modifiers’, and ‘Units’, then click ‘Create Bill’
- For additional procedure codes, repeat Step 6.
- New blank fields for Service Line Items automatically display.
- The maximum number of Service Line Items is 50.
- To delete a Service Line Item, click the ‘Trashcan’ icon next to it.
There it is: a beautiful bill!