The Explanations of Review - EOR section of a bill helps you keep track of Explanations of Review (EORs) received from Claims Administrators.
The Explanations of Review - EOR section is comprised of Bill Submission Payment, Electronic Explanation of Review (835) and Payment Information sections. Bill Submission Payment shows the specific payment amount applied to a specific submission of a Bill. Explanation of Review (835) displays data unique to electronic EORs. Payment Information shows the entire Payment amount issued and the Paper Check/EFT/Virtual Credit Card details.
The Bill Payments section lets you:
Step 1. To view bill payments, scroll down to the ‘Explanations of Review - EOR’ section on the ‘Bill Page’
A. View the Submission Type and Patient Control Number
The Submission Type and Patient Control Number indicate which submission of the bill the EOR is posted to.
The ‘Patient Control Number’ displays the unique control number transmitted with the bill submission, and is often returned on the paper EOR.
The standard DaisyBill Patient Control Number is in the format 9999db99999-9 and breaks down as follows:
- The 3-4 digits before the ‘db’ are unique to the Billing Provider. All bills submitted from this Billing Provider have this prefix.
- The letters ‘db’ stand for DaisyBill
- The 6-7 numbers after the ‘db’ identify the specific DaisyBill Bill ID. You can put this number directly into the search box in DaisyBill to be taken directly to the Bill.
- The number after the dash represents the number of the bill submission. The first submission of a bill would be -1, the second submission -2, etc.
B. View the Amount applied to the Bill
This is the amount of the posting that is being applied to this Bill.
C. View the EOR Post Type
The EOR Post Type can be one of four statuses
- 835 indicates EOR information was returned directly back from the claims administrator via 835
- Paper indicates EOR information was posted by a user from a paper EOR
- Void indicates the posting was voided by an user with Administrator permissions. Hover over the blue ‘i’ icon to the right to view the Void reason.
- Invalid indicates an 835 EOR was received, but the amount was not posted. The data displayed is for informational purposes only. Hover over the orange ‘exclamation’ icon to the right to view the reason the 835 was not posted. Common reasons 835 EORs are not posted by DaisyBIll include:
- The Payee on the 835 is not the provider submitting the bill
- Identical duplicate 835s received for a bill
- Bill Payment on the 835 is $0, but the Procedure codes include payments
For more information on electronic EORs, see this Help Article: Electronic EOR.
D. View the date the payment was Posted or Voided
This is the date that the posting was created manually, when the electronic EOR was received, or when the posting was voided.
E. View the Electronic EOR
When present, click the blue ‘835’ link to view your electronic EOR.
F. View the EOR Receipt Date
This is the date DaisyBill received this EOR information. When the EOR Post Type is 835, this is the date DaisyBill received the 835. When the EOR Post Type is Paper, this date is the date a user posted the EOR.
G. View the Effective Date of the payment
This is the date of the payment (or EOR for $0 EORs).
H. View the Reference Number of the Payment
Depending on the Payment Form, the Reference Number can be a Check Number, an EFT Transaction Number, or a Virtual Credit Card Number.
I. View the Amount of the Payment
This is the total amount of the Payment that was issued. If a bulk payment (a payment paying more than one bill) was issued, this number will be greater than the Bill Payment Amount.
J. Enter / View the date the Payment was Deposited
When a date is present, this is the user-entered date of Deposit of this payment. If no date is present, a blue Deposit link is displayed. Click the Deposit link to enter the date of deposit for the payment and complete the Deposit Payment task. For more information, see the Help Article: Task: Deposit Payment.
K. Upload Paper EOR
Best practice is to always upload paper EORs. For more information, see the Help Article: Upload / View / Delete Paper EOR.
L. View Paper EOR
Click the # of the EOR to view the EOR in a new tab in your browser.
M. Click the ‘Pencil’ icon to edit a posted Payment
For more information, see the Help Article: Edit Posted Payment.
N. Click the ‘X’ icon to Void a Payment
Only users with the Role of Organization Admin can void a payment. For more information, see the Help Article: Void Posted Payment.
O. Click the ‘Scissors’ icon to report a Discount Contract
For more information, see the Help Article: Report / Edit / Delete Discount Contract.
Now that you’re familiar with Bill Payments, onward with beautiful billing!