Search results for:
DaisyBill automatically calculates Charges and Expected reimbursement amounts using the fees set by California workers’ comp fee schedules. When the state changes reimbursement amounts, DaisyBill recalculates Charge amounts as of the effective date of service.
Use Custom Charges to override DaisyBill’s automatic Charge calculations and create your own.
When a designated Procedure Code is assigned a Custom Charge amount, the Custom Charge amount automatically populates future Bills with the assigned code.
Step 1. On the navigation bar, click ‘Billing Providers,’ then select ‘Manage Billing Providers’
The Manage Billing Providers feature is limited to users with the Role of Organization Admin.
Step 2. Click the ‘Billing Provider’ name
For DaisyBill accounts with multiple Billing Providers, DaisyBill maintains separate Service Line Item Custom Charges for each Billing Provider.
Step 3. Click the ‘Custom Settings’ tab
Custom Settings allows Organization Admins to customize their Billing Providers with Task Preferences, Documents, Bill Write Off Reasons, Second Review Reasons, Box 19 Reasons, Billing Templates, Referring Providers, Custom Charges, and RFA Templates.
Step 4. Click the ‘Custom Charges’ card
Step 5. To edit a ‘Custom Charge,’ click the ‘Edit’ icon
Step 6. To delete a ‘Custom Charge,’ click the ‘Trash can’ icon
Step 7. To add a new ‘Custom Charge,’ click the ‘Add Custom Charge’ button
Step 8. Enter the ‘Procedure Code,’ ‘Modifier’ (if applicable) and ‘Charge Per Unit,’ then click the ‘Add’ button
- Modifier is an optional field that enables multiple Custom Charges for a single Procedure Code based on the Modifier assigned to the Procedure Code.
- Custom Charges only apply to future Bills; they do not apply retroactively.
Step 9. Pharmaceuticals-specific instructions: enter the ‘Procedure Code,’ ‘Supplemental Data,’ and ‘Charge Per Unit,’ then click the ‘Add’ button
- Create Custom Charges for pharmaceuticals by entering CPT code 99070 in the Procedure Code field. Populate the Supplemental Data field with an NDC number and populate the Charge Per Unit with the custom reimbursement amount.
- In the Supplemental Data field, enter the 11-digit NDC number without formatting; only enter numbers with no spaces, dashes, apostrophes, etc.
- When creating a Bill that includes a 99070 Custom Charge the information entered into the Supplemental Data field on the Bill must exactly match the information entered in the Supplemental Field on the Custom Charge.
You’re a DaisyBilling expert!