Frequently Asked Questions
California Non-Rural (NR) / California Rural (R)
In the 2016 changes to the physician fee schedule, the DWC introduces two new columns to the DME file: CA (NR) and CA (R).
- CA(NR) stands for California Non-Rural
- CA(R) stands for California Rural.
These three DWC rules apply to CA (NR) and CA (R):
- For the services on or after January 1, 2016, payment shall not exceed 120% of the fee set forth for the HCPCS code in the CA (NR) column.
- But if the injured worker’s residence zip code appears on the DMERuralZIP file, the fee shall not exceed 120% of the fee set forth in the CA (R) column.
- When the CA (R) for the code is listed as “0.00” the fee shall not exceed 120% of the CA (NR) fee, regardless of whether the injured worker’s address zip code is rural or non-rural.
California Labor Codes
California Code of Regulations (CCR)
Division of Workers’ Compensation Websites
DaisyBill’s easy billing software guarantees that workers’ comp bills are always submitted compliantly. For more information about California’s workers’ comp electronic billing, book a demo and see how easily DaisyBill solves workers' comp billing problems.
Was this article helpful?
DaisyBill is a trusted authority on workers’ comp billing. Thousands of work comp professionals attend our webinars and state agencies and professional organizations turn to us for our expertise. We created this blog to help everyone involved in workers’ compensation; sharing news, tips, and data of interest to the community.
Drop us a line with any news you would like us to share or any issue that concerns you.